In the beginning...

In the beginning...God said, "Let there be light".  And there was light.

Without light there would only be darkness.  Without light, my world of photography would be empty.  Without light, this blog would not exist.  I'm so thankful for light.  As a photographer, I see light everywhere.  I see it constantly and most times without even realizing I'm analyzing and creating a photograph with my mind as I walk through my day.  Even when I'm eating and I have to take a picture of my food or because I can't help but take a silly "selfie" by the window...because the lighting is amazing!!  Even if the "light" is not there, I know I can create light through the use of my strobes or continuous lighting equipment.  Light is such a powerful tool.  I love being able to create images by knowing how to use or shape the light around my subjects.   I mean, light is so important.  That's why God created light on the first day.  🌎

I shocked myself when I got up this morning and decided...I'm going to try my hand at this blog thing.  I'm not a writer and sometimes it takes me WAY too long to compose a letter or an email.  Are you like that?  I know some people are clever, witty, and when I read their "stuff", I'm so impressed.  Are you like me or are you one of those people that it comes to you naturally?

So, we'll see how this goes!  A blog seems like a big commitment.  It's intimidating and scares me a bit.  I bet you're wondering why in the heck am I even trying then?  Me too!  Ha-ha!  But seriously, hang in there with me.  I want to share my passion for photography...sometimes I may share about a client, other times it may be a topic that I feel is important or why I shoot or have certain specialties.  They may be few and far between, but my goal is going to be one or two posts per month.  I'm sure I can handle that!  Right?

For now...I will tell you just a little about me without giving you too many fascinating details.

My name is Angela.  By now, you've probably figured that part out.  I'm a Certified Professional Photographer (CPP).  Those two things are probably pretty evident by my business name alone.  However, drum roll please... πŸ₯Here are a few things you may not know about me.  I'm happily divorced and I'm a mom of 4 of the most amazing children EVER. I know, all parents think that, and that's ok.  After all, they are our heart beats, living and walking around outside of our body.  


To start, I have 3 girls, who are all out of high school.  My first is all done with college and has her Masters in Architecture.  She married her high school sweetheart last May after graduating.  My new son-in-law graduated with a B.S. in airplane mechanics and maintenance.  He's a hard worker and a great guy.  My second is a Junior with a triple major...classical languages, archeology and anthropology.  She can go on and on about ancient Greek stuff and you can hear the passion in her voice as she shares her knowledge.  My third just finished high school last year and also just completed schooling for massage therapy.  She has a gift of hands... someone of significance recently told her that she gave them the best massage they've had in over a year!  Finally, my fourth, my son, is a freshman in high school and a part of the Marine Corps JROTC program.  He's smart and is super excited to be almost old enough to drive.  Lord help me!  My babies are no longer babies.

Now, why am I in Tennessee?  Am I sharing too much too soon?  Maybe I should just share little bits and pieces of me one post at a time?  Maybe I should make myself more mysterious instead of an open book?  Hmmm...let me think about this for a sec. (Hearing the Jeopardy theme song in my head now)

Yes, I believe I will stop here and leave you wondering what brought me to the Nashville, TN, area.  I'm sure this cliff hanger will have you on the edge of your seat! πŸ˜‰

Tootles!
Angela


Follow me! πŸ‘‡
*******
Join my private NO BOYS allowed Nashville area boudoir group:  https://www.facebook.com/groups/boudoirnashville/

Join my boudoir email list:
http://eepurl.com/gcv47L

Join my VIP email list:
http://eepurl.com/dIGf5r

Like my Facebook business page
https://www.facebook.com/AngelasPhotographyTN/

Join my Greater Nashville Entrepreneur Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/GreaterNashvilleEntrepreneurs/


Photo credit on the family photo from my daughter's wedding:  Photographer, Heather Lee


Comments

Popular Posts